TO FLARE OR NOT TO FLARE?

WEARING: YearOne Collective Proust Leather Jacket, Melissa Araujo Tank Top, JBrand Jeans Tailored High Flare, Nasty Gal Heels, Celine Trio Bag, Club Monaco Sunnies and THP Jewellery.

The thing is, flares are not as easy to wear as skinny or boyfriend jeans because they always require heels to fit properly; no wonder they are viewed as the ultimate leg lengthener. I am a devotee to the skinny fit and I don't wear heels that often, so I realized that the flare look will only be for special occasions. Keep in mind proportion is everything when you are wearing flares. You don't want to look frumpy, so you need to find that tricky balance between fashion-forward and casual. You want to make sure your style is still coming across strong and that you are not just another girl, following another trend. I kept it simple: Our Hellen Tank Top gives a casual touch (and I swear this is gonna be my go to tank for the Summer); Instead of suede, I went with this comfortable shearling leather jacket from YearOne and my choice of  JBRAND Jeans. I am definitely gonna wear my flares again, what about you - Ready to flare?

Photography by Mackenzie Walker

Comments

  1. You look so good! I usually don't like flares because I think this whole 70's throwback trend can look a bit like fancy dress but you've made them so modern and stayed true to your own style x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. i simply love it!!!

    http://mancinasspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing look! The light is awesome. The shirt is really cool too. http://www.thepaarblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. so perfect

    thedaydreamings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big fan of flares, but if I found a modern version with a nice fit I would wear it. It happens that people don't like a piece of clothing or a trend but when they try it on or find a proper shape/colour/fit/... they fall in love in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Finally someone calling out flares for what they are! Beautiful and (slightly) high maintenance. As much as I love them you NEED to wear heels with them, flats just won't cut it unless your legs run 3 meters long. I'm getting older and as much as I love me some heels, I prefer to reach for something flat now (God did I really just admit that). Doesn't mean I'm against them, I'm just elated I am not the only one admitting this fact about them too.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man if only I could make a flare work like you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. girl you look smoking hot!!

    heartbeats, Carola // VIENNA WEDEKIND

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love everything architectural.. and yes the pants created a strong and rigid visual of the whole look. like your legs became 2 tall white buildings. theyre heavenly. you make trends look classic and subtle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no flare pants. Not sure if suits me . But are beautiful. I love your look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So perfect look, love so much everything.

    http://freedmode.blogspot.fr/
    See you soon
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. perf side boob top ;) can't wait to visit and try stuff on this summer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These flares look so good on you! Being 5'4" If I want to wear flares I usually have to lug around 6inch heels which is not convenient for me. Love your take on the flare trend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that the flared jean is also loose on the upper leg

    Lovely photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is stunning!! I'm big fan of flare jeans! These are amazing!
    xoxo
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4487669

    ReplyDelete
  16. What's the difference between bootleg and flare jeans?
    flare jeans for women

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment