NEW YEAR: MIDFULNESS


I hope that you have had a great start to the new year! I decided not to do a list of resolutions for 2016, instead I want to work on my mindfulness. Maintaining an awareness of my thoughts, feelings, sensations and surroundings; being more present and worrying less. Having a less cluttered, focused mind tends to provide more room for structured thought, and to be open to opportunities. I want to try and not sweat the small stuff, navigate stressful situations more gracefully; being aware of solutions rather than focusing on frustrations and doubts. In today’s busy lifestyle, finding mindfulness is a goal worth having and returning to a more centred self can only be helpful. These photos were taken with my iPhone 6, my last trip of 2015. I went to the mountains to enjoy nature and to do something outside my comfort zone. Here is to a mindful year ahead and to the courage of trying new things! 

Comments

  1. Happy New Year! I started focusing a lot of mindfulness last year and quite honestly it's changed my life! I'd always kind of dismissed that kind of thing before but it really is helpful x

    Josie | Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This place is stunning. So white and fresh. I can't get my eyes of those photos. I'm always cold therefore such a trip would be outside my comfort zone as well. Nevertheless when I look at those transformed by the snow trees and get and urge to do the same no matter the cold. Happy New Year Melissa! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful winter scenery! Love the warm cosy contrast in the end!
    www.sanssouci.website

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! missing snow

    thedaydreamings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment